Comments Off on Home Protection Tips – Wildland Fires
Here are a few tips to protect your home from wildfires. If you live in an area that is susceptible to Wildland Fires contact your local fire department to learn more about region specific information.
- Remove all flammable vegetation including dead branches and debris around all structures.
- Trim trees so branches are six feet from the ground and 10 feet from your chimney. Remove branches overhanging your roof.
- Ensure your rain gutters and roofs are clear of combustible dead vegetation.
- Remove any dead trees.
- Cut weeds and dead grasses six inches or shorter.
- Ask your local nursery about landscaping with beautiful, fire-resistant plants.
- Maintain defensible space by cleaning up plant litter and watering properly.